These are the cookies that I used to make all the time for the folks at DeAngelo's. Using butter is a must in this recipe as it sort of carmelized the brown sugar. It's quick work to get them all if you use a scoop so that all the cookies are perfectly round and the same size. I also use mini morsels because it only takes about half a bag and the chocolate is more dispersed throughout the dough. If you take them out after 10 minutes they probably don't seem to be done but let them sit on the sheet for awhile. I sometimes cook these a little longer (because I usually forget about them) and they turn out extra crispy. If you want a crisp, flat chocolate chip cookie, this is the recipe for you.
Buttery Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 sticks butter (no substitutions)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar packed
2 eggs
2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
half a bag of mini morsels
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixer cream together the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. In another bowl, mix together the next 4 ingredients. Combine both bowls and stir in chocolate chips. Bake for about 10-15 minutes. Less time for a chewy cookie and more time for a crispy cookie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment