I'm pretty sure that I got this recipe from a Southern Living cookbook. These petite cookies are buttery and sweet and crisp yet soft inside. It's almost a cross between a butter cookie and shortbread. The taste of this cookie is something I expect out of a bakery and your kitchen will smell sooooo good when you bake them! Make the dough the night before for effortless baking the next day.
Sugar Crinkles
1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
Beat shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar at medium speed of an electric mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and flavorings, beating until blended.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Roll balls in 1/4 cup of sugar. Place balls on ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees for 8-9 minutes or until barely golden. Let cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
No comments:
Post a Comment