Whipped Sweet Potato Bake


Thanksgiving 2007 ~ 11.23.07

This dish is really easy to make, especially if you use canned sweet potatoes. Fresh ones taste best but I usually make these in a Thanksgiving frenzy so I use canned. I also use a ricer that eliminates the step of mashes and produces a creamy potato base. This was a pretty good, basic recipe. This Thanksgiving, of course, I accidentally put in 4 times the amount of nutmeg than the recipe called for. I ended up doubling the amount of sweet potatoes and while the dish was very much nutmeggy, it was still pretty good!

Whipped Sweet Potato Bake
Recipe courtesy of KraftFoods.com

3 cans (15 oz. each) sweet potatoes, drained
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine, melted
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
3 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows

PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Beat sweet potatoes, butter, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.

SPOON into lightly greased 1-1/2-qt. casserole dish; top with marshmallows.

BAKE 15 to 20 min. or until sweet potato mixture is heated through and marshmallows are lightly browned.

No comments: