Chicken Strip Dipping Sauces

Update! I had said earlier that the original recipe that I posted is thicker than the restaurant version but with the modifications listed below in red, I think I may have a pretty passable copycat recipe!

Back home in Baton Rouge, there is a certain fast food joint that only serves chicken fingers. While the chicken fingers are really, really good it's the sauce that really makes them extraordinary! I didn't like the sauce at first but after awhile, I started to crave it. I have been known to order two more sauces so that I could dunk my fries in them, it is that good! The chain hasn't made it's way over to the Carolinas yet so I've been on a search for a recipe for me to make it myself. I've made this one and while it's thicker than the sauce you get from the restaurant, the flavor is very similar to what I remember.

Chicken Strip Dipping Sauce
Recipe courtesy of Guthrie's (where the BR restaurant allegedly got the recipe)

1/2 1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup ketchup
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon paprika
Generous amount of black pepper (cover surface two or three times and mix in)
Buttermilk (maybe a teaspoon or so?)

Combine all ingredients. Think it out with a little bit of buttermilk. It will start to look and taste right as you blend them together, but it is best to let the sauce sit for a few hours before serving.

No comments: